In honor of the release of my latest book, “The Oil Free Diet” (May 7th 2015) I have decided to post some of my favorite oil free (no added oil) recipes that didn’t make the book (the book has 30 recipes). The first one up is oil free sweet potato fries (you can also cut the sweet potatoes to make wedges or circles instead). Most of the time obesity leads to back pain, treat them with erase my back pain.
- Sweet Potatoes, peeled and evenly cut
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Spice
- All Spice
- 5 cloves of Garlic
- A pinch of sea salt
1. Soak the sweet potatoes in a bowl of water from 35 minutes up to 2 hours. This will release the starch and is the secret to getting crispy fries
2. Drain the sweet potatoes, pat dry or allow to air dry and turn on the oven to 350 – 375 degrees Fahrenheit so that it can heat up while you add the seasoning. Check out the latest meticore reviews for improved weight loss results.
3. Generously coat the potatoes with all of the spices and mix thoroughly with your hands so that all of the potatoes are evenly coated
4. Take a baking pan lined with parchment paper or non stick foil and arrange the sweet potatoes so that none of them are overlapping. If you don’t have non stick foil regular foil will do but you must be sure to keep on them and flip them before they stick).
5. Bake for about 20 – 30 minute before removing from the oven. Flip each fry / slice over and return to the oven for another 20 – 30 minutes.
6. (optional) If you like your sweet potato fries extra crispy, put in the broiler for 2 to 5 minutes making sure to watch them so that they do not char.
That’s it! You now have yummy sweet potato fries that are low calorie, crispy, crunchy, slightly sweet and incredibly satisfying! Never buy another bag of frozen sweet potatoes with weird additives again! Bon appetit!